The pain and loss caused by an accident, injury or illness can be life changing. Hiring a family friend or a lawyer that is not experienced in personal injury work can damage your case and ultimately lead to more suffering. Choosing the right attorney is key to ensure that you or your loved one are not hurt twice.
For 35 years and counting, Feldman, Kleidman, Coffey & Sappe LLP (FKC&S) has been dedicated to advocating for the legal rights of its clients. The firm, which has been selected as a BEST LAW FIRM by U.S. News & World Report twelve years in a row, is seasoned in trying cases to verdict and providing legal expertise in the areas of personal injury and professional liability defense.
FKC&S’ legal team includes some of the most experienced trial attorneys in the Hudson Valley, who are skilled at understanding the medical complexities that often surround a case. This knowledge is beneficial and often applicable to personal injury cases too.
FKC&S has built its reputation on providing personal attention, expert knowledge and positive results. When you’re searching for an attorney to help guide you or your loved one, here are some important qualities to look for:
- Accessible: “Digital communication is completely different from in-person, face-to-face conversations,” said Joe Gebbia, founder of Airbnb. “One will give you surface insights, and the other really gives you depth.” Meeting in person gives both parties an opportunity to observe and interact on a deeper level. Trust your gut and observe how they present themselves and their services. Do they offer a free, in-person consultation? Communication is key and you should be able to reach your attorney easily when you have questions or concerns. Ideally, they should call, email or text you back within 24-48 business hours.
- Honest and transparent: Legal matters can be complicated and stressful. A good lawyer will support you and include you throughout the process, providing updates and answering your questions every step of the way. “They were consistently willing to answer any questions that arose, and guide me through the legal process,” said Jennifer Pehmoeller, an FKC&S client, of her experience with the firm.
- Prepared for trial: Your legal team should be prepared for trial and have a track record of taking verdicts. When cases are thoroughly investigated, researched and prepared for trial, the odds of settling are much higher. Your attorney should maintain a sense of urgency without rushing, which often leads to careless mistakes and missed opportunities. Patience, diligence and thoroughness are important qualities for your attorney to have in order to achieve the best outcome in your case and when insurance companies know that your legal team has a history of taking verdicts, you are more likely to get a fair settlement.
- Credible: Does the attorney in question have good reviews online? Checking their Google reviews is a great place to start. Beware of certain review websites, as some offer both free and paid (premium) listings for featured lawyers, which can skew your search results. You can find specialists via US. News & World Report, Martindale-Hubbell’s lawyer directory (look for firms/lawyers with AV ratings) or via FindLaw.
- Invested in the community: Choose a legal team that invests time and resources into the communities they serve. A commitment to philanthropy and volunteerism, as a team and/or individually, demonstrates compassion, humility and connectedness. To mark the firm’s 30th anniversary, FKC&S hosted 30 Acts of Kindness in the Local Community, a series of philanthropic donations benefitting the local community. To learn more about FKC&S’ commitment to social responsibility, click here.
For more information, or to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, please visit www.fkcs.law or call (845) 897-5199 today.